Happy New Year and Welcome to 2016!
Many of you will be planning to get married this year – how exciting. I’m so excited for you. You may also be making some New Year’s resolutions that revolve around your big day. I certainly did last New Year before I got married. One of those was a vow to get my act together and sort out my beauty regime. No more wearing make-up to bed and waking up with mascara all over my face! Nope, this year was different. I had a great beauty regime, my skin was gorgeous on my big day, so much so, I have continued with as much of the routine as I can afford. Here I will share my wedding beautification tips with you to achieve the best skin on your big day, so that you can make the same resolution I did. If you do just one thing from this post, check out the Elemis Cellular recovery skin bliss capsules – they are AMAZING!
Ok, at this point I should admit that I am totally and utterly addicted to Elemis. I used to be a Clinique girl, but ever since I started having Elemis facials as part of my wedding routine, I have been a complete convert to Elemis. Nothing else will do, I’m afraid! Don’t believe me – check out my own personal Elemis collection below!
My Daily Pre-Wedding Beauty Regime
- Elemis pro-radiance cream cleanser morning and night (this is nice and light and doesn’t make your skin feel too tight), followed by
- Elemis Soothing Apricot toner (this is a gentle toner, unlike some of the harsh ones out there), with
- Elemis Pro-collegen Marine Cream for the morning (whilst this cream is expensive it is absolutely brilliant, my skin has never felt so soft yet blemish free!), and
- Elemis Pro-Collegen Oxygenating night cream (again I love this cream!!)
To remove make-up I use either Vaseline or Elemis white flowers eye and make-up remover, which doesn’t leave an oily feeling on my skin.
Weekly Beauty Regime
Once a week I had an evening in and had a bit of a pamper, always accompanied by a large glass of vino!
The evening consisted of my usual evening routine followed by (leave the moisturiser until last):
- Elemis skincare herbal lavender repair mask – this is in lieu of an exfoliator. It is much more gentle on my skin and smells great. It also helps prevent any unwanted blemishes from appearing.
- Elemis Cream Moisturising mask – which left my skin feeling really soft and youthful
- Elemis absolute Eye Mask – I leave this on overnight for a greater effect.
Monthly Beauty Regime
- Pure brilliance facial at my local spa, this was pure luxury- (Visible brilliance facial – Spa 1877)
The Last Month – Beauty Regime
If you do nothing else, I absolutely recommend using the Elemis Cellular recovery skin bliss capsules for the last month before your wedding day. There is one type to use for the day and one type to use for the night. My skin felt amazing after using these. My skin looked fresh and moisturised and the capsules smell amazing . There is one month’s supply in the 60 capsule product. I still use these regularly, they are that great.
Avoid having any heavy facials close to your wedding day. I had my last facial about 6 weeks before the big day and stopped my weekly routine a fortnight before to prevent any unwanted blemishes from making an unsightly appearance!
The Night Before
Don’t go overboard the night before your wedding. I did my usual daily routine with the Elemis Celluar recovery skin bliss capsules and then used my Elemis absolute Eye Mask and left this on overnight to help reduce puffiness and minimise any fine lines.
Tell me about your beauty top tips, I’d love to hear them.