To get your wedding planning off to a flying start in 2016 we’ve got 16 top wedding planning tips for you! Whether you’re newly engaged or have been planning for some time, we hope they help you to create your perfect big day!
- Join Pinterest and create mood boards for your wedding. See some of our boards here http://www.creativeweddingco.com/follow-creative-wedding-co-on-pinterest/
- Enjoy the wedding planning, but don’t forget to spend some time with your fiancé. When we were planning we still had date night every Thursday.
- Negotiate with suppliers to keep costs under control, see our negotiation post for some top tips (How to get a better wedding for less).
- Take time to choose your bridesmaids and groomsmen as you will have to depend on them on your big day.
- Get organised! Use our planning guides and wedmin to help you along the way (Wedmin).
- Don’t let planning overwhelm you. You can make some good progress or beat procrastination in 20 minutes per day (Wedmin in 20 minutes per day)
- Think about the day after the wedding and what you want to do. Do you want to spend the day with your new husband, or would you like your friends and family around too.
- Start your beauty regime early to get fresh-faced for the day. If you can afford it, get facials monthly in the run-up to the big day. If not, just do it yourself!
- Think about the flow of the day and start planning what will happen, when. This will help you identify any gaps in your plans.
- Do your hair and make-up when trying on dresses, it will make you feel the part!
- Do have an engagement shoot, it will help you feel more at ease having your pictures taken on the day. It will also help you to get to know your photographer and give you some pictures to include in a guest book.
- To avoid strap marks, don’t wear bra straps on the morning of the wedding if your dress is strapless.
- Give willing parents and friends specific tasks to do, this will keep them involved, reduce the burden on you and let you retain control.
- Keep an eye on our wedding magpie series, to bring you the latest on all things wedding related! (Wedding Magpie)
- Make it personal and get creative, use our DIY bride series for some creative wedding inspiration (DIY Bride)
- When the planning is getting too much, don’t worry, call a bridesmaid and check out our lighthearted “It’s ok too” series to cheer you up! ( It’s ok too…)
What are your top wedding planning tips? Share them below.